I have read so many blog posts of how to pray for your future husband. So many of them are wonderful, good examples of what you should pray. But, are you praying for your heart? Are you becoming the woman that the many you want to marry would want to marry? Are you praying that you will love the Lord your God with all of YOUR heart and YOUR mind and YOUR strength?
Here are 7 great things to pray for your life, while you are praying for your future spouse.
- I pray that I will be so confident in Christ that I can laugh at the days to come, like the Proverbs 31 woman, because I know that my future is secure in Christ and his future is mine.
- I pray that I will be bold in the gospel and will stand up for the voiceless. For the orphans, widows, unborn babies, the people groups, like Esther.
- I pray that I will be compassionate and servant-hearted like Ruth.
- I hope that, like Hannah, I will live ini worshipful communion with the Lord my God and that I will be faithful to submit my requests to the Lord, be faithful in the little things, and rejoice in all circumstances.
- I Pray that I will fearlessly share the gospel with others, like Deborah.
- I pray that I will be courageous and trust in the Lord, no matter my circumstances, like Elizabeth.
- I pray that I will be more like Mary than Martha, in so far as that I will never lose childlike sight of the gloriousness that is Christ Jesus and His wonderful merciful grace displayed on the cross.
Caroline (@caromedlin) is an author, creative + the founder of thegracescripts.com (instagram: @thegracescripts). She is passionate about women’s ministry + a firm believer in adoption. She is a senior at Middle Tennessee State University and currently calls Nashville home.