Have you been watching Thirteen Reasons Why on Netflix? It’s about suicide and the main character tells you why she did it.
Why? She didn’t feel loved. She felt forgotten. She didn’t know she was wanted. She didn’t realize she mattered.
So here, my friend, is a list of reasons WHY you matter-thirteen to be exact-although there are plenty more.
- You are fearfully + wonderfully made. Psalm 139:14
- You are worth a SAVIOR. John 3:16
- You are loved in ALL of your brokenness. Romans 5:8-9
- You are MADE in IMAGE of God. Genesis 1:27
- The LORD fights for YOU! Exodus 14:14
- In Christ, you are victorious! 1 Corinthians 15:56-58
- You are delighted in by the LORD. Zephaniah 3:17
- You are a child of God. 1 John 3:1
- You are NEVER forgotten. Isaiah 49:15
- In Christ, you are free + an heir of THE LORD. You are adopted by God. Galatians 4:4-7
- You are a new creation. You are not defined by your past. In Christ, you are defined by the cross + what Christ did for you. 2 Corinthians 5:17
- You are not condemned in Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1
- You are chosen, picked, wanted. You have been given mercy. 1 Peter 2:9-10
Oh friend, I know you feel alone. But please know the Lord sings, “you’ve got a friend in me” softly to your heart. You are never, NEVER alone. You matter If you impact just ONE person with your story you’ve begun to change the world.
It’s so much bigger than you. This world. God’s redemptive plan. Set your eyes on heaven, in Christ your citizenship is there! You matter. You were bought with a price. You have been adopted. You are called a sister. You are a daughter of THE MOST HIGH KING. You are worth more than MANY rubies.
You, sweet sister, are worth a SAVIOR.
Praise the Lord that he sent his one and only son, King Jesus, to live a life we could never live, die a death on a cross that we deserved and rose VICTORIOUSLY from the grave 3 days later, and is now seated at the right hand of the Father in heaven, just as he had promised.
Subscribe to get notified when you can download “13 reasons why you matter” in a cute printable!
Let’s be friends! Connect on Facebook or Instagram: @thegracescripts
Caroline (@caromedlin) is an author, creative + the founder of thegracescripts.com. She is passionate about women’s ministry + a firm believer in adoption. She is a senior at Middle Tennessee State University and currently calls Nashville home.